Online Shopping Behavior : Demographics' Influence on Online Travel
Online Travel, Online Booking, Influence of Demographics, Online Shopping
Paper Submission Date : June 1, 2016 ; Paper sent back for Revision : February 3, 2017 ; Paper Acceptance Date : May 8, 2017.
- Al- Ghaith, W. A., Sanzogni, L., & Sandhu, K. (2010). Factors influencing the adoption and usage of online services in Saudi Arabia. The Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries, 40 (1), 1-32.
- Bhatnagar, A, Misra, S., & Rao H. R. (2000). On risk, convenience, and Internet shopping behavior. Communications of the ACM, 43(11), 98 -105.
- Chang, C. - C., & Chang, P. - C. (2013). A study on Taiwan consumers' adoption of online financial services. Asia Pacific Management Review, 18 (2), 197-219.
- Conyette, M. (2011). Demographics for segmentation in online travel. International Journal of Trade, Economics and Finance, 2 (1), 93 - 98.
- Dahiya, R. (2012). Impact of demographic factors of consumers on online shopping behaviour : A study of consumers in India. I.J.E.M.S., 3 (1), 43-52.
- Dholakia, R. R., & Uusitalo, O. (2002). Switching to electronic stores : Consumer characteristics and the perception of shopping benefits. International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, 30 (10), 459- 469.
- Garbarino, E., & Strahilevitz, M. (2004). Gender differences in the perceived risk of buying online & effects of receiving site recommendation. Journal of Business Research, 57(7), 768 -775.
- Gefen, D., & Straub, D. W. (2004). Consumer trust in B2C e-commerce and the importance of social presence: Experiments in e-products and e-services. Omega, 32(6), 407 - 424.
- Goldsmith, R. E., & Litvin, S. W. (1999). Heavy users of travel agents: A segmentation analysis of vacation travelers. Journal of Travel Research, 38 (2), 127-133.
- Gonzalez, A., & Stanley, P. ( 2006). Segmenting the older consumer for online travel. The Marketing Review, 6 (4) , 331-348.
- Hashim, A., Ghani, E. K., & Said, J. (2009). Does consumers' demographic profile influence online shopping? : An examination using Fishbein's theory. Canadian Social Science, 5 (6), 19 -31.
- Hernández, B., Jiménez, J., & Martin, M. J. (2011). Age, gender and income: Do they really moderate online shopping behaviour? Online Information Review, 35 (1), 113-133.
- IRCTC website to book 7,200 tickets per minute: IRCTC (2013, May, 27). The Economic Times. Retrieved from http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/transportation /railways/ irctc -website-to-book-7200-tickets-per-minute/articleshow/20294834.cms
- Jager, K. D., & Ezeuduji, I. O. (2015). Socio-demographic variables' relationships in choosing between travel agencies and the Internet for leisure travel arrangements: The case of South Africa. African Journal of Hospitality, Tourism and Leisure, 4 (2), 1-14.
- Javalgi, R. G., Thomas, E. G., & Rao, S. R. ( 1992 ). Consumer behavior in the U.S. pleasure travel marketplace: An analysis of senior and non- senior travellers. Journal of Travel Research, 31 (2), 14-19.
- Joshi, D., & Achuthan, S. (2016). A study of trends in B2C online buying in India. Indian Journal of Marketing, 46 (2), 22-35.
- Keesee, G., & Shephard, M. F. (2011). Perceived attributes predict course management system adopter status. Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration, 4 (1), 1-12.
- Kim, D. - Y., Lehto, X. Y., & Morrison, A. M. (2007). Gender differences in online travel information search: Implications for marketing communications on the internet. Toursim Management, 28(2), 423 - 433.
- Kim, J., & Park, J. (2005). A consumer shopping channel extension model: Attitude shift toward the online store. Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management: An International Journal, 9 (1), 106-121.
- Koufaris, M. (2002). Applying the technology acceptance model and flow theory to online customer behaviour. Information Systems Research, 13 (2), 205 - 223.
- Nayyar, R., & Gupta, S. L. (2010). Impact of changing demographic profiles of Indian customers on their internet shopping behaviour. View Point, 51 (3), 17-24.
- Nunnally, J.C. (1978). Psychometric theory. New York: McGraw Hill.
- Padmanabh, B., Jeevanandha, S., & Jose, K. G. (2016). A study on factors impeding online buying of household items in Bangalore city. Indian Journal of Marketing, 46 (4), 7-23. DOI: 10.17010/ijom/2016/v46/i4/90526
- Park, C., & Jun, J. K. (2003). A cross-cultural comparison of Internet buying behavior. International Marketing Review, 20 (5), 534-554.
- Pew Research Centre (2001). More online, doing more: 16 million newcomers gain Internet access in the last half of 2000 as women, minorities, and families with modest incomes continue to surge online. Retrieved from http://www.pewinternet.org/reports/ toc.asp?Report=30
- Prasad, S., & Sharma, M. (2016). Demographic and socioeconomic influences shaping usage of online channel for purchase of food & grocery. Indian Journal of Marketing, 46(10), 7-21. DOI: 10.17010/ijom/2016/v46/i10/102851
- Richard, M.- O., Chebat, J. - C., Yang, Z., & Putrevu, S. (2010). A proposed model of online consumer behavior : Assessing the role of gender. Journal of Business Research, 63 (9 - 10), 926 - 934.
- Rokhman, A. (2011). E-government adoption in developing countries : The case of Indonesia. Journal of Emerging Trends in Computing and Information Sciences, 2 (5), 228-236.
- Shim, S., Eastlick, M. A., Lotz, S. L., & Warrington, P. (2001). An online pre - purchase intentions model : The role of intention to search. Journal of Retailing, 77 (4), 397- 416.
- Sultan, F., & Henrichs, R.B. (2000). Consumer preferences for Internet services over time: Initial explorations. Journal of Consumer Marketing, 17 (5), 386 - 402.
- Vogt, W. P.(1999). Dictionary of statistics and methodology: A nontechnical guide for the social sciences. London: Sage.
- Wan, Y., Nakayama, M., & Sutcliffe, N. (2012). The impact of age and shopping experiences on the classification of search, experience, and credence goods in online shopping. Information Systems and eBusiness Management, 10 (1), 135 - 148.
- Zhang, P., & Li, N. (2013, August). Consumer online shopping attitudes and behavior: An assessment of research. Proceedings of the Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS'2002), Dallas, August 9-11, 2002.
- There are currently no refbacks.