Evidence Based Classroom Management Practices : An Analysis Through Kano's Model
Classroom Management, Kano's Model, Service Quality, Customer Satisfaction, Evidence, Teaching Practices
Paper Submission Date : February 4, 2016 ; Paper sent back for Revision : January 3, 2017; Paper Acceptance Date : May 10, 2017.
- Allen, C. T., & Forman, S. G. (1984). Efficacy of methods of training teachers in behaviour modification. School Psychology Review, 13 (1), 26 - 29.
- Atici, M. (2007). A small scale study on student teachers’ perceptions of classroom management and methods for dealing with misbehaviour. Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties, 12 (1), 15 - 27.
- Barbetta, P. M., Heward, W. L., Bradley, D. M., & Miller, A. D. (1994). Effects of immediate and delayed error correction on the acquisition and maintenance of sight words by students with developmental disabilities. Journal of Applied Behaviour Analysis, 27 (1), 177 - 178.
- Bennur, S., & Jin, B. (2012). A conceptual process of implementing quality apparel retail store attributes : An application of Kano's model and the quality function deployment approach. International Journal of Business, Humanities and Technology, 2 (1), 174 - 183.
- Bergeny, J. C., & Martens, B. K. (2006). Assessing pre-service teachers’ training in empirically validated behavioral instruction practices. School Psychology Quarterly, 21 (3), 262 - 285.
- Burke, J.C. (1992). Decreasing classroom behavior problems : Practical guidelines for teachers. San Diego: Singular Publishing Group, Inc.
- Colvin, G., Sugai, G., Good, R. H., III, & Lee, Y. -Y. (1997). Using active supervision and pre- correction to improve transition behaviours in an elementary school. School Psychology Quarterly, 12 (4), 344 - 363.
- De Pry, R. L., & Sugai, G. (2002). The effect of active supervision and pre-correction on minor behavioral incidents in a sixth grade general education classroom. Journal of Behavioral Education, 11 (4), 255 - 267.
- Didden, R., Moor, J. D., & Bruyns, W. (1997). Effectiveness of DRO tokens in decreasing disruptive behavior in the classroom with five multiply handicapped children. Behavioural Interventions, 12 (2), 65 -75.
- Dunbar, C. (2004). Best practices in classroom management. Retrieved from https://msu.edu/~dunbarc/dunbar3.pdf
- Elton Report. (1989). Discipline in schools : Report of the committee of enquiry chaired by Lord Elton. HMSO: London.
- Fixsen, D. L., Naoom, S. F., Blase , K. A., Friedman, R. M., & Wallace, F. (2005). Implementation research: A synthesis of the literature (FMHI Publication No. 231). Tampa, FL: University of South Florida, Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute, The National Implementation Research Network.
- Frey, N., & Fisher, D. (2010). Motivation requires a meaningful task. English Journal, 100 (1), 30-36.
- Greenwood, C. R., Hops, H., Delquadri, J., & Guild, J. (1974). Group contingencies for group consequences in classroom management: A further analysis. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 7 (3), 413 - 425.
- Gupta, M. (2016). Students' perception of higher education service quality : An empirical study. Indian Journal of Marketing, 46 (3), 54 - 67. DOI: 10.17010/ijom/2016/v46/i3/88998
- Gupta, P., & Srivastava, R. K. (2011). Customer satisfaction for designing attractive qualities of healthcare service in India using Kano model and quality function deployment. MIT International Journal of Mechanical Engineering, 1 (2), 101 - 107.
- Huston-Stein, A., Friedrich-Cofer, L., & Susman, E. J. (1977). The relation of classroom structure to social behavior, imaginative plan, and self regulation of economically disadvantaged children. Child Development, 48 (3), 908 - 916.
- Johnson, T. C, Stoner, G., & Green, S. K. (1996). Demonstrating the experimenting society model with classwide behavior management interventions. School Psychology Review, 25 (2), 199 - 214.
- Jylhä, T., & Junnila, S. (2015). Using the Kano model to identify customer value. In Prooceedings for 20th Annual Conference of the International Group for Lean Construction, pp. 1- 13.
- Kano, N., Seraku, N., Takahashi, F., & Tsuji, S. (1984). Attractive quality and must-be quality. Hinshitsu, The Journal of the Japanese Society for Quality Control, 14 (2), 39 - 48.
- Kohn, A. (2006). Beyond discipline: From compliance to community. Alexandria, VA: Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development.
- LaCaze, D. O., McCormick, C. M., & Meyer, L. (2012). Classroom behaviour & management for teachers. National Forum of Teacher Education Journal, 22 (3), 1-18.
- Maguire, M., Ball, S. J., & Braun, A. (2010). Policy enactments in the UK secondary school: Examining policy, practice and school positioning. Journal of Education Policy, 25 (4), 547 - 560.
- Maguire, M., Ball, S., & Braun, A. (2010). Behaviour, classroom management and student ‘control’: Enacting policy in the English secondary school. International Studies in Sociology of Education, 20 (2), 153-170.
- McNamara, E., Evans, M., & Hill, W. (1986). The reduction of disruptive behaviour in two secondary school classes. British Journal of Educational Psychology, 56 (2), 209 - 215.
- Morrison, T. L. (1979). Classroom structure, work involvement, and social climate in elementary school classrooms. Journal of Educational Psychology, 71(4), 471 - 477.
- Munn, P., Johnstone, M., Sharp, S., & Brown, J. (2007). Violence in schools: Perceptions of secondary teachers and head teachers over time. International Journal on Violence and Schools, 3 (4), 52- 80.
- O’Neill, S., & Stephenson, J. (2013). One year on: First - year teachers’ perceptions of preparedness to manage misbehaviour and their confidence in the strategies they use. Australasian Journal of Special Education, 37 (2), 125 -146.
- O'Leary, K. D., & Becker, W. C. (1967). Behavior modification of an adjustment class: A token reinforcement program. Exceptional Children, 33 (9), 637- 642.
- Ota, K., & DuPaul, G. J. (2002). Task engagement and mathematics performance in children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: Effects of supplemental computer instruction. School Psychology Quarterly, 17 (3), 242-257.
- Palmer, D. (2007). What is the best way to motivate students in science? Teaching Science : The Journal of the Australian Science Teachers Association, 53(1), 38- 45.
- Paraschivescu, A. O., & Cotîrle., A. (2012). Kano model. Economy Transdisciplinarity Cognition, 15 (2), 116 - 125.
- Pfeffer, J., & Sutton, R. I. (2006). Hard facts, dangerous half- truths, and total nonsense: Profiting from evidence based management. Cambridge, MA: Harvard Business School Press.
- Raby, R. (2010). The intricacies of power relations in discourses of secondary school discipline strategies. In Z. Millei, T. G. Griffiths, & R. J. Parkes (Eds.), Re-theorizing discipline in education: Problems, politics & possibilities (pp. 43 - 58). New York, NY: Peter Lang Publishing Inc.
- Rosenberg, M. S. (1986). Maximizing the effectiveness of structured classroom management programs: Implementing rule-review procedures with disruptive and distractible students. Behaviour Disorders, 11(4), 239 - 248.
- Rousseau, D. M. (2006). Is there such a thing as evidence based management? Academy of Management Review, 31(2), 1-14.
- Schuldheisz, J.M., & van der Mars, H. (2001). Active supervision and students' physical activity in middle school physical education. Journal of Teaching in Physical Education, 21 (1), 75 - 90.
- Sharpe, T., Brown, M., & Crider, K. (1995). The effects of a sportsmanship curriculum intervention on generalized positive social behavior of urban elementary school students. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 28(4), 401- 416.
- Simonsen, B., Fairbanks, S., Briesch, A., Myers, D., & Sugai, G. (2008). Evidence based practices in classroom management: Considerations for research to practice. Education and Treatment of Children, 31(3), 351- 380.
- Slee, R. (1995). Changing theories and practices. London : The Falmer Press.
- Steer, A. (2005). Learning behaviour. the report of the practitioners’ group on school behaviour and discipline. The Steer Report (2005). Retrieved from http://www.dfes.gov.uk/behaviourandattendance/uploads/Learning%20Behaviour.pdf
- Sulisworo, D., & Maniquiz, N.E. F. (2012). Integrating Kano's model and SERVQUAL to improve healthcare service quality. In IC - GWBT2012, Ahmad Dahlan University, March 23-24, 2012. Retrieved from https://bazar.parsmodir.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/kano-servqual-2012.pdf
- Susman, E. J., Huston-Stein, A., & Friedrich-Cofer, L. (1980). Relation of conceptual tempo to social behaviors of head start children. The Journal of Genetic Psychology, 137 (1), 17-20.
- Sutherland, K. S., & Wehby, J. H. (2001). Exploring the relationship between increased opportunities to respond to academic requests and the academic and behavioral outcomes of students with EBD: A review. Remedial and Special Education, 22 (2), 113 - 121.
- Sutherland, K. S., Alder, N., & Gunter, P. L. (2003). The effect of varying rates of opportunities to respond to academic requests on the behavior of students with EBD. Journal of Emotional and Behavioural Disorders, 11 (4), 239-248.
- Sutherland, K. S., Wehby, J. H., & Copeland, S. R. (2000). Effect of varying rates of behavior specific praise on the on-task behavior of students with EBD. Journal of Emotional and Behavioral Disorders, 8 (1), 2 - 8.
- Taneja, G. (2016). A case study on experiential learning for marketing students. Indian Journal of Marketing, 46 (4), 39 - 48. DOI: 10.17010/ijom/2016/v46/i4/90529
- Tranfield, D., Denyer, D., & Smart, P. (2003). Towards a methodology for developing evidence informed management knowledge by means of systematic review. British Journal of Management, 14 (3), 207 - 222.
- Truby, D. (2010). What really motivates kids. Instructor, 119 (4), 26 - 29.
- Veenman, S. (1984). Perceived problems of beginning teachers. Review of Educational Research, 54 (2), 143 - 178.
- Wannarka, R., & Ruhl, K. (2008). Seating arrangements that promote positive academic and behavioural outcomes: A review of empirical research. Support for Learning, 23 (2), 89 - 93.
- Yadav, H. C., Jain, R., Shukla, S., Avikal, S., & Mishra, P. K. (2013). Prioritization of aesthetic attributes of car profile. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 43 (4), 296 - 303.
- There are currently no refbacks.