The Patanjali Marketing Sutra - An Exploratory Analysis of Brand Experience, Personality, Satisfaction, and Loyalty in the FMCG Space
Patanjali, Brand Experience, Brand Personality, Brand Satisfaction, Brand Loyalty
Paper Submission Date : February 22, 2017 ; Paper sent back for Revision : July 8, 2017 ; Paper Acceptance Date : August 12, 2017.
- Aaker, J. L. (1997). Dimensions of brand personality. Journal of Marketing Research, 34 (3), 347 - 356.
- Analysis: How does brand Patanjali stack up? (2016, January 14). Advertising Age. Retrieved from http://www.adageindia.in/marketing/cmo-strategy/analysis-how-does-brand-patanjali-stack-up/articleshow/50576644.cms
- Bacon, J. (2016, September 7). Marketers that fail to address brand experience will see loyalty drop. Marketing Week. Retrieved from https://www.marketingweek.com/2016/09/07/marketers-that-fail-to-address-brand-experience-will-see-loyalty-drop/
- Brakus, J. J., Schmitt, B. H., & Zarantonello, L. (2009). Brand experience : What is it? How is it measured? Does it affect loyalty? Journal of Marketing, 73 (3), 52 - 68.
- Chaudhuri, A., & Holbrook, M.B. (2001). The chain of effects from brand trust and brand affect to brand performance : The role of brand loyalty. Journal of Marketing, 65 (2), 81 - 93.
- Chiu, C.-M., Hsu, M.- H., & Wang, E.T.G. (2006). Understanding knowledge sharing in virtual communities: An integration of social capital and social cognitive theories. Decision Support Systems, 42(3), 1872 - 1888.
- De Chernatony, L., McDonald, M., & Wallence, E. (2011). Creating powerful brands (4th ed). Oxford : Butterworth-Heinemann.
- Dick, A.S., & Basu, K. (1994). Customer loyalty: Toward an integrated conceptual framework. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 22 (2), 99 - 133.
- Dutta, A. (2016, April 27). Baba Ramdev's Patanjali aims to double its revenue to Rs 10,000 cr in 2016-17. Business Standard. Retrieved from http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/baba-ramdev-s-patanjali-aims-to-double-its-revenue-to-rs-10-000-cr-in-2016-17-116042700061_1.html
- Fransen, M., & Lodder, P. (2010). The effects of experience-based marketing communication on brand relation and hedonic brand attitudes : The moderating role of affective orientation, in M. C. Campbell, J. Inman, & R. Pieters (eds.), NA - advances in consumer research (Vol. 37, pp. 801- 802). Duluth, MN : Association for Consumer Research.
- Gounaris, S., & Stathakopoulos, V. (2004). Antecedents and consequences of brand loyalty: An empirical study. Journal of Brand Management, 11(4), 283 - 306. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.bm.2540174
- Gupta, R. (2016) Disruptive marketing and brand building : A case study of Patanjali, Ayurveda Limited. Advances in Economics and Business Management (AEBM), 3 (2), 225 - 231.
- Holbrook, M. B., & Hirschman, E.C. (1982). The experiential aspects of consumption: Consumer fantasies, feelings, and fun. Journal of Consumer Research, 9 (2), 132 - 140. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1086/208906
- Iglesias, O., Singh, J.J., & Batista - Foguet, J.M. (2011). The role of brand experience and affective commitment in determining brand loyalty. Brand Management, 18(8), 570 - 582. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/bm.2010.58
- Kabiraj, S., & Shanmugan, J. (2011). Development of a conceptual framework for brand loyalty: A Euro-Mediterranean perspective. Journal of Brand Management, 18(4/5), 285-299. doi : http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/bm.2010.42
- Kahn, B.E., Kalwani, M. U., & Morrison D. G. (1986). Measuring variety-seeking and reinforcement behavior using panel data. Journal of Marketing Research, 23, 89-100.
- Kapoor, D., & Chaudhary M. (2017). Patanjali : Emergence of a new star on the Indian FMCG horizon. Indian Journal of Marketing, 47(1), 54 - 63. doi: 10.17010/ijom/2017/v47/i1/108810
- Keng, C.J., Tran, V.D., & Thi, T.M. (2013). Relationships among brand experience, brand personality, and customer experiential value. Contemporary Management Research, 9 (3), 247-262. doi:10.7903/cmr.11086
- Khanna, R. (2015). Customer perception towards brand: A study on ‘Patanjali’. Global Journal of Management and Business Research, 15(9). Retrieved from https://journalofbusiness.org/index.php/GJMBR/article/download/1878/1780/
- Kotler, P., & Armstrong, G. (2008). Principles of marketing. India : Pearson Education.
- Krishnan, A. (2016, June 9). A reality check on Patanjali. The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved from http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/opinion/columns/a-reality-check-on-patanjali/article8710429.ece
- Kuenzel, S., & Halliday, V. S. (2008). Investigating antecedents and consequences of brand identification. Journal of Product & Brand Management, 17 (5), 293 - 304.
- Maehle, N., Otnes, C., & Supphellen, M. (2011). Consumers' perceptions of the dimensions of brand personality. Journal of Consumer Behavior, 10 (5), 290 - 303. DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/cb.355
- Mitra, S. (2016) Inside Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali empire. Live mint. Retrieved from http://www.livemint.com/Companies/hLEBBx17cFY5rPjTjmIP9O/The-Patanjali-story.html
- Moreira, A., Silva, P. M., & Moutinho V. M. (2017). The effects of brand experiences on quality, satisfaction and loyalty: An empirical study in the telecommunications multiple-play service market. Innovar, 27 (64), 23-36. doi: 10.15446/innovar.v27n64.62366
- Morgan, R. P. (1999). A consumer-orientated framework of brand equity and loyalty. International Journal of Market Research, 42(1), 65 - 78.
- Myers, R. (1990). Classical and modern regression with applications. Boston, MA : Duxbury Press.
- Nam, J., Evincing, Y., & Whyatt, G. (2011). Brand equity, brand loyalty and consumer satisfaction. Annals of Tourism Research, 38 (3), 1009 - 1030.
- Oliver, R. L. (1980). A cognitive model of the antecedents and consequences of satisfaction decisions. Journal of Marketing Research, 17 (4), 460 - 469.
- Patanjali Ayurved makes South India foray. (2012, April 24). Business Standard . Retrieved from http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/patanjali-ayurved-makes-south-india-foray-112042400027_1.html
- Rawat, J. (2014). Emotional association with a brand: A link that lasts in consumers' memory through experience. Indian Journal of Marketing, 44 (10), 51 - 59. doi:10.17010/ijom/2014/v44/i10/80118
- Sands, S., Oppewal, H., & Beverland, M. (2008). The influence of in-store experiential events on shopping value perceptions and shopping behaviour. Advances in Consumer Research, 35, 298 - 303.
- Saville, P. (2015). What does 2016 hold for brand experiences? 5 trends for the coming year. Campaign. Retrieved from http://www.campaignlive.co.uk/article/1377697/does-2016-hold-brand-experiences-5-trends-coming-year
- Schmitt, B. (1999). Experiential marketing. Journal of Marketing Management, 15(1- 3), 53 - 67.
- Selda, U.O., & Bilge, C. K. (2013). A research on the relationship between brand experience and brand name with customer satisfaction. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 1 (1), 10 - 21. DOI: 10.17265/2328-2169/2013.10.002
- Sharma, A. (2016, January 18). Who’s afraid of Baba Ramdev’s Patanjali. Afaqs! Retrieved from http://www.afaqs.com/news/story/46869_Whos-Afraid-Of-Baba-Ramdevs-Patanjali
- Su, J., & Tong, X. (2016). Brand personality, consumer satisfaction, and loyalty: A perspective from denim jeans brands. Family & Consumer Sciences, 44 (4), 427 - 446.
- Sutikno, B. (2011). Does consumers’ brand identification matter : The mediating roles of brand loyalty. The International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, 6 (3), 319 - 322.
- Ueacharoenkit, S. (2013). Investigating the relationship between brand experience and loyalty: The study of luxury cosmetic brand in Thailand (Doctoral Thesis), Brunel University. Retrieved from http://bura.brunel.ac.uk/handle/2438/7535
- Yoo, B., & Donthu, N. (2001). Developing and validating a multidimensional consumer-based brand equity scale. Journal of Business Research, 52 (1), 1 - 14.
- There are currently no refbacks.