Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and Audi: The Luxury Retail Sector in India - Will it Grow or Go?
Luxury Retail Market, Indian Economy, Consumer Behaviour, Socio-Cultural Values, Luxury Brands
Paper Submission Date : October 7, 2013 ; Paper sent back for Revision : February 7, 2014 ; Paper Acceptance Date : March 19, 2014.
- Ahya, C. (2013, January21). Most of the negative factors are over; an economic recovery is around the corner. The Economic Times. Retrieved from http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/18109698.cms?
- Appadurai, A. (1986). The social life of things: Commodities in cultural perspective. Cambridge: CUP.
- Atwal, G., & Jain, S. (Eds.). (2012). The luxury market in India: Maharajas to masses. London. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Bain & Company Report. (2012, October 16). Luxury goods worldwide market study. Retrieved from http://www.businessinsider.com/bain-global-luxury-goods-report-2012-10?IR=T
- Boroian, M. & Poix, A. de. (2009). India by design: The pursuit of luxury and fashion. New Jersey: Wiley.
- Chadha, R., & Husband, P. (2006). The cult of luxury brand: Inside Asia's love affair with luxury. London: Nicholas Brealey Publishing.
- Chevalier, M., & Gutsatz, M. (2012). Luxury retail management: How the world's top brands provide quality product and service support. John Wiley: Singapore.
- CII-A.T. Kearney Report. (2010, September - October). Luxury in India: Charming the snakes and scaling the ladders. New Delhi. Retrieved from http://188.8.131.52:81/Pankaj%20Priya/Scan.pdf
- CII- A.T. Kearney Report. (2011, October). India luxury review. New Delhi. Retrieved from http://www.atkearney.in/images/india/pdf/India-Luxury-Review-2011-CII-AT-Kearney-Report.pdf
- Heine, K. (2012). The concept of luxury brands. Berlin: Bartek Goldmann.
- Hoffman, J.,& Maniere, I.C. (2011). Luxury strategy in action. UK: Palgrave Macmillan.
- Hundekari, N. (2012, November 9). The ascent of money. India Today. Retrieved from http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/luxury-market-in-india-luxury-goods-products/1/228450.html
- Kapferer, J. - N., & Bastein, V. (2009). The luxury strategy: Break the rules of marketing to build luxury brands. UK: Kogan.
- Kuick Research. (2013, January). Booming luxury retail market in India. New Delhi.
- Lent, R., & Tour, G. (2009). Selling luxury. Wiley Publication: New Jersey.
- Mandeville, B. (1732). The fable of the bees: Or, private vices, public benefits (6th ed.). London: J. Tonson.
- Mortelmans, D. (2005). Sign values in processes of distinction: The concept of luxury. Semiotica, 157(1-4), 497-520.
- Saxena, R. (2000). New age marketing. Indian Management, 39 (7), 45-52.
- Sombart, W. (1988), Lusso e Capitalismo (Luxury and Capitalism), Unicopli: Milano.
- Srinivas, N.N. (2013, 12 March). India China want soak the rich. It won't work. The Economic Times, p. 12.
- The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India. (ASSOCHAM). (2014, April 20). Lack of space restricting luxury brands' growth in India: Study; Dire need for modernized & dedicated luxury retail areas [press release]. Retrieved from http://www.assocham.org/prels/shownews.php?id=4475
- Vigneron, F., & Johnson, L.W. (2004). Measuring perceptions of brand luxury. Journal of Brand Management, 11(6), 484-506.
- World Wealth Report. (2013). Capgemini and RBC wealth management. Canada. Retrieved from http://www.in.capgemini.com/media-analysts/resources/world-wealth-report-2013
- There are currently no refbacks.