Identifying the Indian Car Buyer Segments Using Digital Channels of Communication : An Application of Cluster Analysis
Digital Marketing Communication, Digital Technology, Indian Car Market, Cluster Analysis, Car Buyers Segment
Paper Submission Date : January 24, 2017 ; Paper sent back for Revision : July 13, 2017 ; Paper Acceptance Date : August 3, 2017.
- 60 million women in India online: Google study. (2013, June 20). Live Mint. Retrieved from http://www.livemint.com/Consumer/HmGIgQ2L1hAY7BCAHcJBxL/Internet-influence-highest-for-skincare-products-among-India.html
- Anand, N., & Chaudhari, Y. (2012, December 10). Digital marketing takes centre stage. DNA India. Retrieved from http://www.dnaindia.com/money/report-digital-marketing-takes-centre-stage-1775513
- C+R Research. (2014). The digital influence: How online research puts auto shoppers in control. Retrieved from http://dealers.cars.com/assets/pdf/auto_marketing_digital_influence_study.pdf
- Charan, A., & Dahiya, R. (2015). Digital marketing and consumer behaviour : An empirical study in Indian car market with special reference to Delhi and NCR. Anveshak, 4 (2), 60 - 83.
- Cotte, J., Chowdhury, T. G., Ratneshwar, S., & Ricci, L.M. (2006). Pleasure or utility? Time planning style and web usage beahviours. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 20 (1), 45 - 57.
- Dalziel, G. (Ed.). (2013). Rumor and communication in Asia in the Internet age. London : Routledge.
- Dhar, U. (2008). New age marketing: Emerging realities. New Delhi : Excel Books.
- Edelman, D., & Heller, J. (2015, August 12). How digital marketing operations can transform business. McKinsey & Company. Retrieved from http://www.mckinsey.com/insights/marketing_sales/how_digital_marketing_operations_can_transform_business
- Government of India. (2011). Census 2011. Retrieved from http://censusindia.gov.in/
- Gupta, S. (2015). Volkswagen India: Das auto digitally. Retrieved from https://cb.hbsp.harvard.edu/cbmp/product/IMB513-PDF-ENG
- Hooda, S., & Aggarwal, S. (2012). Consumer behaviour towards e-marketing: A study of Jaipur consumers. Researchers World Journal of Arts, Science & Commerce, 3(2(2)), 107 - 118.
- Ioanăs, E., & Stoica, I. (2014). Social media and its impact on consumers' behavior. International Journal of Economic Practices and Theories, 4 (2), 295 - 303.
- Jayawardhena, C., Wright, L. T., & Dennis, C. (2007). Consumers online: Intentions, orientations and segmentation. International Journal of Retailing and Distribution Management, 35(6), 515 - 526.
- Joshi, P., & Upadhyay, H. (2014, January). E-Retailing in India: Despite issues, customers satisfied with top retailers. Consumer Voice. Retrieved from http://consumeraffairs.nic.in/consumer/writereaddata/e-Retailingindia.pdf
- Kaufman, I., & Horton, C. (2014). Digital marketing: Integrating strategy and tactics with values, a guidebook for executives, managers, and students. London : Routledge.
- Kierzkowski, A., Shyane, M., Waitman, R., & Zeisser, M. (1996). Current research: Marketing to the digital consumer. The McKinsey Quarterly, 3 (1), 3 - 21.
- Koekemoer, L., & Bird, S. (2004). Marketing communications. South Africa : Juta and Company Ltd.
- Koundinya, C. (2017). Online shopping behavior: Demographics' influence on online travel. Indian Journal of Marketing, 47 (6), 7-21. doi:10.17010/ijom/2017/v47/i6/115366
- KPMG. (2013). The digital passenger. Digital metamorphosis in Indian automobile industry. Retrieved from https://www.kpmg.com/IN/en/IssuesAndInsights/ArticlesPublications/Documents/Digital_Passengers_Final-Online-Version.pdf
- Merisavo, M., Kajalo, S., Karjaluoto, H., Virtanen, V., Salmenkivi, S., Raulas, M., & Leppäniemi, M. (2007). An empirical study of the drivers of consumer acceptance of mobile advertising. Journal of Interactive Advertising, 7 (2), 41 - 50.
- Negi, R., Saklani, A., Badoni, D. C., & Jasola, M. (2002). Fast changing realities: A case of electronic business interface and customer perceptions. Delhi Business Review, 3 (2), 38 - 48.
- Not just discounts, but Indians are buying online for convenience as well [report]. (2013, April 29). NextBigWhat. Retrieved from https://mag.nextbigwhat.com/india-internet-bcg-report-2013-297/
- Ryan, D. (2014). The best digital marketing campaigns in the World II. London : Kogan Page Publishers.
- Ryan, D., & Jones, C. (2012). Understanding digital marketing: Marketing strategies for engaging the digital generation. London : Kogan Page Publishers.
- Sen, S. (2013, July 31). Maruti Suzuki names Digitas as its digital agency. Afaqs! Retrieved from http://www.afaqs.com/news/story/38257_Maruti-Suzuki-names-Digitas-as-its-digital-agency
- Singh, A. (2015, September 25). Ford allocates 40% of annual marketing budget to festive season: Anurag Mehrotra. Exchange 4 media.com. Retrieved from http://www.exchange4media.com/marketing/ford-allocates-40-of-annual-marketing-budget-to-festive-seasonanurag mehrotra_61791.html#sthash.i88uZDzI.dpuf
- Singh, A., Panackal, N., Bommireddipalli, R. T., & Sharma, A. (2016). Understanding youngsters' buying behavior in E-retail: A conceptual framework. Indian Journal of Marketing, 46 (10), 53 - 62. DOI: 10.17010/ijom/2016/v46/i10/102857
- Stokes, R. (2013). eMarketing: The essential guide to marketing in a digital world. Quirk eMarketing. Retrieved from https://www.redandyellow.co.za/wp-content/.../emarketing_textbook_download.pdf
- Thakur, R. (2013). Customer adoption of mobile payment services by professionals across two cities in India: An empirical study using modified technology acceptance model. Business Perspectives and Research, 1(2), 17 - 30.
- Wind, J., & Mahajan, V. (2002). Digital marketing: Global strategies from the world's leading experts. New Jersey : John Wiley and Sons.
- Yasmin, A., Tasneem, S., & Fatema, K. (2015). Effectiveness of digital marketing in the challenging age: An empirical study. International Journal of Management Science and Business Administration, 1(5), 69 - 80.
- There are currently no refbacks.